It’s Black Friday. Let the games begin. While I won’t join the madness of going shopping today, I will go out and support local merchants in town tomorrow (November 30). When you support local merchants, you are supporting your community.
In 2010, American Express developed the “Small Business Saturday” marketing campaign and I think it is pure marketing genius. Small business owners get marketing help on a national level and they don’t even have to pay for it. American Express comes in as the hero supporting the little guy (local merchant).
My Helpful Tips:
• If you have more than one American Express Card*, enroll each one to receive a $10 statement credit. * (Corporate Cards and all prepaid Card products (other than American Express Serve ®) are not eligible.)
• Buy gift cards at local merchants. You can use them at a later date or give them as a gift during the holiday season.
• Registration is limited so register today so you can enjoy this offer.
There is no reason to reinvent the wheel. I have copied the message American Express sent me which lets you know what you need to do on November 30 to receive your $10 statement credit.
Small Business Saturday® is a great opportunity for you to show your support for your favorite small, local businesses. Register any eligible American Express® Card¹ to get $10 back when you spend $10 or more at a qualifying small business location on Small Business Saturday, Nov 30, 2013.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Register any eligible American Express Card online at ShopSmall.com. Registration is limited. Registration opens at 12:00 A.M. MST (Mountain Standard Time) on Nov 24, 2013 and continues until 11:59 P.M. on Nov 30, 2013, unless the registration limit is reached sooner.
2. Use your registered Card on Nov 30, 2013 to spend $10 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location that appears on the Small Business Saturday Map. Online transactions do not qualify. To view the map, visit ShopSmall.com.
3. Get a one-time $10 statement credit from American Express within 90 days of your qualifying purchase.