With Father’s Day this weekend, I am sure the younger kids have made things for dad at school. These gifts have so much more meaning than store bought gifts.
I have another simple homemade gift idea I wanted to share with you. It can be used for many different occasions – Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Instructions for “I Love (insert person’s name) Box”
– Write down 10-20 different reasons you love this person
– Type up the reasons on individual lines
– Print out and cut into small strips of paper (like the ones you see in Chinese fortune cookies)
– Put the little strips of paper in a jar or box.
My daughters did this a few years ago and my husband really liked it. These are some examples of what they wrote about their dad:
– I like how he has grown up – Sophia
– He is so sweet – Ava
– He drives us to our favorite places like Dutch Wonderland – Sophia
– He is so handsome – Ava
It is simple and meaningful gift… a creative and wonderful keepsake.
Happy Father’s Day to all!